The Liberal Party is a volunteer organisation focused on improving opportunity for all of us.
The Liberal Party believes in the following values;
- We believe in the inherent dignity, responsibility and potential of all Victorians. We believe that government must protect the freedoms of all Victorians and provide the opportunity for all people to achieve their full potential.
- We believe in the fundamental freedoms of individuals and groups within society to think, worship, to speak, to choose and to associate.
- We believe in upholding the Constitution, parliamentary democracy, the democratic process and accountable government.
- We believe in equality before the law.
- We believe that families provide the most effective environment for individuals to achieve their full potential.
- We believe in equal opportunities for all Australians in a tolerant and diverse society.
- We believe in the protection of people who are vulnerable, in ill health, disadvantage or in need, and in providing them with effective assistance.
- We believe that the creation of wealth is essential for meeting our national and individual aspirations and that the individual effort should be appropriately rewarded.
- We believe that free enterprise will maximise economic growth and national prosperity.
- We believe that where the private sector can deliver a service efficiently and fairly, an unnecessary burden should not be imposed on the taxpayer.
- We believe in the decentralisation and distribution of power and believe that local decisions are best made at the local level.
- We believe in securing our national heritage and natural environment now and for future generations.
To join the Liberal Party, click on the logo below.